This course is designed for students seeking entry into a rapidly expanding market of professionals who can understand, debug, and develop Java code in addition to being able to test application components, API, and REST API using popular Java libraries.
The class will also serve as a vehicle for black-box testers to advance in their career by experiencing Java programming language and applying this knowledge for test automation.
This class will be an excellent opportunity for college or university students with theoretical knowledge in Java to utilize their skills in practice by using Eclipse IDE as a development platform and creating automated scripts with JUnit to achieve better code coverage.
Key topics of the class are:
- Testing levels and techniques
- Comprehensive course in Java for test automation engineers
- Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
- Data structures in Java
- Maven as a dependency management tool
- JUnit - Java unit/functional testing framework
- Introduction to HTTP protocol
- JSON, data interchange format
- Introduction to REST, an architecture style for designing networked applications
- REST API clients for manually testing end-points
- Popular open source Java libraries for REST API test automation: Unirest, Spring Framework, JSON.simple, org.json, Apache HttpClient
CURRENT SCHEDULE OF CHARGES
40 lecture hours + 60 lab hours by arrangement
Registration fee: $100.00 (Mandatory, non-refundable)
Tuition: $1000.00 (Mandatory, refundable. See Refund Policy)
Manuals, handouts, lab time and equipment: at no charge to students
The total amount for all fees, charges and services the student is obligated to pay for the course is $1100.00 (one thousand one hundred dollars).