White Box Testing (Java using JUnit and Eclipse) course is designed for students seeking entry into rapidly expanding market of professionals who can understand, debug, and develop Java code in addition to being able to test application components using industry leading framework like JUnit.
This class shall also serve as a vehicle for black-box testers to advance in their career by experiencing software development life cycle, basic to advanced programming language concepts, sophisticated unit testing framework, and powerful integrated development environment (IDE).
This class shall be an excellent opportunity for college or university students with theoretical knowlege in Java to experience using Eclise IDE as development platform, developing and debugging Java application, integrating with JUnit framework and Jcoverage for through and complete testing coverage.
Key topics of the class are:
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Software Architecture Models
- Testing Types and Artifacts
- White-Box Testing and Approach
- (Basic) Java Language Elements and Concepts i.e. Variables, Statement Block
- (Intermediate) Java Language i.e. String, Array, Control Flow Statements
- (Advanced) Object-Oriented Programming Concepts in Java i.e. Abstract, Inheritance, Polymorphism
- Introduction to Eclipse IDE
- Developing Java Applications in Eclipse IDE
- Debugging Java Code in Eclipse IDE
- Importing/Exporting Java Code in/from Eclipse IDE
- Deploying and Running Java Application using Eclipse IDE
- Introduction to JUnit Framework
- Configuring JUnit with Eclipse IDE
- Designing JUnit Test Cases
- Developing and Running JUnit Test Cases
- Developing and Running JUnit Test Suites
- Using JUnit to Fix Software Defects
- Ensuring 100% JUnit Code Coverage using JCoverage
Most of the class material will follow thorough lab assignments and/or exercises to ensure students have opportunity to understand the material as well as ask questions. Basic knowledge of Java is helpful but not required.
CURRENT SCHEDULE OF CHARGES
40 lecture hours + 60 lab hours by arrangement
Registration fee: $100.00 (Mandatory, non-refundable)
Tuition: $1000.00 (Mandatory, refundable)
Manuals, handouts, lab time and equipment: at no charge to students
The total amount for all fees, charges and services the student is obligated to pay for the course is $1100.00 (one thousand one hundred dollars).