1) School Information:
PORTNOV COMPUTER SCHOOL 4970 El Camino Real, Suite #110 Los Altos, CA 94022
2) Student Information:
3) I visited the Portnov Computer School, was provided with the campus tour, and received an overview of following information:
The School Rules, Procedures, and Policies
*The Portnov Computer School catalog - online Click Here to Open
*Cancellation/Withdrawal policies Click Here to Open
*The Refund policy and the examples of calculating a refund Click Here to Open
*Rules of Operation Click Here to Open
*School Performance Fact Sheet Click Here to Open
*Annual Report 2014 Click Here to Open
(In order to continue, you should READ ALL the Rules, Procedures, and Policies above.)
* I read all the School Rules, Procedures, and Policies.
4) BUYER'S RIGHT TO CANCEL. The student has a right to cancel this agreement and obtain a refund. You may cancel this Enrollment Agreement and receive a refund by providing a written notice to: Director. Portnov Computer School. 4970 El Camino Real, Suite #110 Los Altos CA 94022.
5) REFUND POLICY. If the student signed the Enrollment Agreement but never attended the course, or cancelled the Enrollment Agreement prior to or on the first day of instruction, the School will refund the amount paid less the amount of $72.50 for the registration fee. If the student has attended the course and withdraws from the course after the first day of instruction but prior to completion of the course, or otherwise fails to complete the course or the period of enrollment, a student who has completed 60 percent or less of the course will be paid by the School a prorated refund of the unused portion of tuition. Refund will be paid within 30 days following the date upon which the student's withdrawal has been determined. If the School cancels or discontinues a course, the School will make a full refund of all charges paid for the course that was not provided. The refund will be paid within 30 days following the date upon which the course has been determined as cancelled or discontinued.If the student has received federal student financial aid funds, the student is entitled to a refund of moneys not paid from federal student financial aid program loans.
Example of calculating a prorated refund.
A student has completed 16 hours out of 120 hours of tuition, and by the time of withdrawal paid $500.00 for the course. The total fee for the course is $3,000.00. The registration fee of $72.50 and STRF fee of $7.50 is non-refundable. The hourly charge for tuition is ($3,000.00 – $80.00)/120 = $24.33. The fee for tuition received is 16 x $24.33 = $389.33.
The total amount owed by the student is $389.33 (tuition) + $80.00 (non-refundable fees) = $469.33
The student has received 16/120 = 13.33% of tuition and is entitled to a refund.
The School will refund $30.67 (thirty dollars sixty seven cents): $500.00 (paid by the student) - $469.33(owed by the student) = $30.67
ANY HOLDER OF THIS CREDIT CONTRACT IS SUBJECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND DEFENSES THAT THE DEBTOR COULD ASSERT AGAINST THE SELLER OF EDUCATIONAL SERVICES OBTAINED PURSUANT HERETO OR WITH THE PROCEEDS HEREOF, RECOVERY HEREUNDER BY THE DEBTOR SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY THE DEBTOR HEREUNDER.
7) We are registered with the State of California. Registration means we have certified to the state that we meet the requirements imposed by the state for registered institutions. Registration does not mean that we have been evaluated or approved by the state, or that we have met the standards required by the state for institutions that are approved to operate or that the state has verified the information we submitted with our registration.
8) Any questions or problems concerning this school which have not been satisfactorily answered or resolved by the school should be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education in the Department of Consumer Affairs. Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818. Phone: (916) 431-6959.
9) This Agreement is not operative until the student attends the first session of instruction.
10) The student is obligated to notify the School of any address and/or phone change until the total amount for the course is paid in full.
11) This agreement is legally binding instrument title when signed by the student and accepted by the School.
Units you earn in our Software Quality Assurance career training in most cases probably will not be transferable to any other college or university in the future even though you earned units here at our School. In addition, if you earn a certificate in our Software Quality Assurance career training, in most cases it probably will not serve as a basis for obtaining a degree at a college or university.
I certify that Portnov Computer School has met the disclosure requirements conforming me with the Sections 94931(d)(8) and 94816 of the New Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education Reform Act of 1998.
Director of Operations: Sofia Pravdina
Date: Monday, February 19 2018
Upon successfully completing all steps above, you will be cleared to start on scheduling internship interviews. You might be asked to repeat certain steps if you are not prepared properly.
P.S. In a force majeure situation of economics, job market, student’s marketability, etc. the School GUARANTEES to provide in-house 2-3 months internship opportunity to every student.
Memorandum of Understanding is to be acknowledged and signed at the time of entering the internship. Students agree to submit weekly Internship Status Reports as the part of their internship training.
*I have read and understood all the disclosures on this page.