QA FLEX (ONLINE)
QA Flex™ is an evening (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm) career change program perfectly suited for students who are working during the day or who have other scheduling challenges. This flexible program allows the student to complete their training while affording them choices in time allocation. QA Flex™ takes 16 weeks to complete.
Imagine learning a new skill from scratch — no matter your current background — and getting a job that has plenty of potential for advancement. That’s QA. It requires no special background and can be done in person or online. In fact, your current background will probably help you be a great QA tester.
While many other jobs are getting outsourced, tech jobs are so much in demand that companies can’t hire fast enough.
Most programming jobs take years of education — but you can become a QA specialist in just a few months. The industry is growing so fast that people are often getting hired right out of our courses at $35+/hour. People who previously worked minimum wage jobs in factories, grocery stores, etc., people for whom English is not their first language, people with zero programming skills or IT background — everybody can become a QA specialist and be ready to ace the interviews (and get a job) after completing our QA course.
Portnov Computer School is known as the pioneer in QA education. It is not only the oldest one in the U.S. (over 26 years) but is the only one backed by the U.S. Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education.
Our graduates have an unheard-of success of 79% placement rate. That’s partly because we take care of our students like no other computer school. Every student goes through an internal internship and then can do one of several external ones (working in real IT companies) to be ready for a good-paying QA job.
The secret to our program’s success is simple: we don’t pack 300 students into each class — every class is limited to 40 students, with 1-on-1 teacher attention to each student. Students learn to work in small groups of 4-5 (just like in a real job), discuss topics in class, and can always privately ask the teacher any questions.
Each student gets 400+ hours of QA education, interview prep, and job training, including:
160 lecture hours of in-classroom education plus over 240+ hours of instructor-led HANDS-ON practical activities and training. This is not memorization or copying what the instructor does but actual practical learning that you remember, that teaches you how to be good at QA. These are the skills employers look and hire for.
Here is how the lesson hours break down:
40 hours of Software QA Fundamentals, including:
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Software Development models: Waterfall; Agile: Scrum, Kanban, Extreme, and other methodologies;
- Test Documentation; Bug reporting and tracking; JIRA, Confluence
24 hours of Backend Testing: UNIX/LINUX OS; SQL & RDBMS
40 hours of Mobile Testing plus 40+ hours of hands-on live project testing activities
40 hours of Test Automation (Selenium WebDriver)
This way, you can work on any device and any part of the tech stack — making you more valuable to employers than hiring separate people for each.
20 instructor-led hours plus 20 hours of practical hands-on activities on Software QA Testing Live Projects. This will be similar to the work employers require. After 26 years in business, we know exactly what most students will encounter in the job.
20 hours of interview preparation: most common interview questions; detailed review and best practices with examples for answering each question. We want our students to get the best jobs available ASAP. That’s why we make sure that you show up to an interview ready and confident.
65 instructor-led hours plus 140 hours of practical hands-on structured activities in the internal Internship/Bootcamp that every student completes after the main course to get a good feel for how QA works in the real world and be ready for doing QA in their job once hired by an employer.
15+ hours of the job market and latest industry trends review and analysis, knowledge & skills evaluations. Because we want our graduates to be ready for the best QA jobs both today and into the future.
Portnov students always get the best support, including:
- Unlimited hours of personalized Job Interview Coaching: Mock Interviews for graduates so they are ready for any question a hiring manager throws at them.
- Unlimited hours of Navigating Job Market Services: Job search webinars; placement assistance; resume preparation; etc. You are never alone in your job search. The reason we have such a high job placement success percentage over 26 years is that we are like a big family: taking personal care of each student while also making sure that you learn the newest QA testing instruments available on the market. The goal is for you to get a well-paying QA job no matter your previous background. And no other school has the expertise and learning environment that’s so perfect for getting you the skills you need to get that QA job.
CURRENT SCHEDULE OF CHARGES
(Short-term career training: 160 lecture hours)
Manuals, handouts, lab time and equipment: at no charge to students
The total amount for all fees, charges and services the student is obligated to pay for the course is $5,500.00
The total cost for the program is reduced to $5,250 (Five Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Dollars), if prospect student makes payment in full amount at the time of enrollment.
- Pay with a debit/credit card (the option is available in our shopping cart)
- Pay with the Zelle app (make a transfer from your Zelle account)
- Mail us a check (make checks payable to “Portnov Computer School”, mail to 4966 El Camino Real, #123, Los Altos, CA 94022)
$50.00 – $5,250.00
Choose the payment amount